Friday, February 10, 2012

Appreciate The People In Your Life

Whether it's family or friends, think of what your life might be without them in it. Chances are everyone who is in your life by your choice is someone who brings something good to it. (this is not referring to the people you have to have in your life.) Perhaps you share similar interests, or you met a long time ago through friends or work and have managed to stay in touch, or think of someone you're related to that you enjoy being with. Whatever the case may be, as I get older I recognize that as cliched as it sounds, 1) Everyone has their issues, 2) Life goes by quickly 3) Most people are just trying to do the best they can.  Tomorrow is my birthday and it only occurred to me yesterday that I'll never hear my Dad sing "Happy Birthday" to me again. He passed away in June and he always sang to me on my birthday (at least twice), usually once when I was at work, as off-key as possible and then a seond time when we would actually get together and celebrate. (Yes at 47, my parents still sing and get together to celebrate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment